Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic
Right now I can smell the delicious aroma all through my house, and it smells so good. This recipe is great to serve on Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
- 1 ½ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut an 'X' in the core end of each Brussels sprout. Set sprouts aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes; drain and cool on paper towels. Crumble.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts; toss to coat. Stir in broth, salt, and black pepper; cover and cook until Brussels sprouts are tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain liquid from pan.
- Stir remaining 2 teaspoons butter into Brussels sprouts mixture until melted.
- Mix in bacon and serve.