- 2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1⁄4 C. soy sauce
- 1⁄4 C. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 C. water
- 3 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 cup water
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat.
2. Saute the onion until translucent.
3. Add stew meat and cook on high heat until meat is browned on all sides (3-5 minutes).
4. Pour 2 cups water, soy sauce, and worcestershire sauce into the skillet.
5. Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Bring to boil and reduce heat.
7. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
8. Then combine the gravy mix with 1 cup of water, mix thoroughly and stir into the meat.
9. Bring to boil, stirring frequently until it slightly thickens.
10. Serve over egg noodles.