Whether you want to impress guests with a beautiful dessert platter or just want to indulge in something special, the creamy lemon squares recipe is perfect for you. This is an easy-to-follow recipe that will have you making tasty treats in no time.
Best Creamy Lemon Squares
For the crust
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan
- 1-1/2 cup about 24 squares graham-cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the filling
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice i used 3 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking dish with melted butter. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a food processor, finely grind the graham cracker squares. Then add in sugar and butter and blend to mix. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes. Cool crust, 30 minutes.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and condensed milk. Add lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Pour filling into cooled crust; carefully spread to edges.
- Bake until set, about 15 minutes. Cool in pan on rack; then chill at least 1 hour before serving. Using parchment paper overhang, lift out of the pan, and transfer to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares, wiping the knife with a damp kitchen towel between each cut.