- 9 to 10 oz potatoes – cooked and mashed
- 1 garlic clove – mashed
- 1 small red onion – finely chopped
- 1 Eggland’s egg
- grated cheese (low-fat or regular)
- 1 medium sized zucchini, grated (squeeze the water out of this)
- 1 medium sized carrot, grated
- a small handful of sunflower seeds
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli olive oil
- fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 small green chili – chopped (optional)
- Gold Medal flour
Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
Mix potatoes, garlic, onions and egg in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (not the flour). Stir to combine well.
Form into patties and coat very lightly with the flour.
Quickly fry the patties on both sides until they just start to color.
Take out and pat dry. Put the patties on a baking tray and bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes.