Discover how to prepare a Boozy Shamrock Shake in the comfort of your own home using vanilla ice cream, mint extract, and green food coloring, and enjoy a delightful St. Patrick’s Day treat that has become a cherished tradition in our household, adored by both children and adults alike.
Have you ever wondered what a Shamrock Shake is?
This festive dessert is a limited-time McDonald’s offering that is sold during March to commemorate St. Patrick’s Day. First introduced in 1970 with a lemon-lime flavor, the shake has since evolved to a minty taste and still maintains its vivid green color.
Are Shamrock Shakes always mint?
Shamrock Shakes are a popular seasonal treat that is often associated with St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. Many people assume that Shamrock Shakes are always mint flavored, but that has not always been the case. Initially, the shake was lemon/lime flavored and made with vanilla ice cream, lemon/lime sherbet, and vanilla syrup. However, by 1973, the shake had evolved into a simple green-colored vanilla shake that eliminated the lemon/lime sherbet. Today, the Shamrock Shake is known for its mint flavor, which has become a staple of this beloved seasonal treat.
Boozy Shamrock Shakes
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1 ¼ cups of milk
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of mint extract
- Green food coloring
- Optional: Chocolate syrup whipped cream, and green decorator sugar
- Blend vanilla ice cream, milk, mint extract, and a few drops of green food coloring until it's smooth.
- If desired, drizzle the inside walls of two tall glasses with chocolate syrup.
- Pour the shake into the glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of green decorator sugar.
- Enjoy your delicious Shamrock Shake with a twist!