Easy to make and quick to disappear – oh my this is a keeper recipe! ENJOY !!!
- 10 slices Italian bread, or French bread, crust removed and cubed
- 8 oz. ham, cut into 1″ pieces, or to taste
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp. green onion tops, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup half and half and 1-1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 16 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
The night before serving: Mist a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Put half the bread cubes in the bottom. Top with ham, 3 cups cheddar and onion.
Put the remaining bread cubes on top. Whisk together the eggs, milk and cream, and mustard.
Pour over the bread cubes. Press down to make sure all cubes are covered; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
The day of the brunch, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the cracker crumbs, butter and remaining cheese in small bowl.
Cover the casserole with this mixture.
Bake approximately an hour until puffy and golden