..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 2C dry whole-wheat bowtie pasta (farfalle) (8 oz)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen peas and carrots
- 2C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 medium lemon, rinsed, for 1 tsp zest (use a grater to take a thin layer of skin off the lemon)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
Add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Cook until soft, but not browned.
Add peas and carrots. Cook gently until the vegetables are heated through.
In a bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch. Mix well. Add to pan with vegetables, and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for 1 minute.
Add parsley, pasta, lemon zest, and pepper. Toss gently, and cook until the pasta is hot.
Serve 2 cups of pasta and vegetables per portion.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW