- 4 Slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 1/2 cup raw zucchini, not peeled, finely diced, (about 1 large zucchini)
- 3 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, finely crushed
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free panko crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 Cup grated cheese, your choice of cheese. This recipe I used mozzarella, provolone and parmesan mix
- 1 Teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 F
Wash the zucchini and remove the ends, keep the skin on for extra fibers.
Finely dice the zucchini in small cubes of about 2 mm.
Place the small zucchini cubes into a mixing bowl and using a spoon, combine with eggs, crumbled bacon, garlic, gluten free Panko crumbs, mint and cheese. Adjust salt and pepper regarding taste.
It will form a moist batter that comes easily together. If too moist or stick too much to your hands, add slightly more crumbs, 1 tablespoon at a time until you can easily shape balls with your hands. You should not use more than 4 extra tablespoon of gluten free panko crumbs.
Form golf size balls rolling the batter into your hands,.
Place each balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the outside is golden and crispy.