Kids begging you for homemade chocolate chip cookies. Have some friends coming over to spend the afternoon or evening. Need something easy and quick to make to serve everyone. This chocolate chip skillet cookie is your perfect solution.
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 12 inch cast iron skillet
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large plus 1 large yolk
- 1 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Melt 9 tablespoons butter in your cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the butter is dark golden brown. Should take around 5 minutes. Pour butter into a large bowl. Add the 3 tablespoons of butter to the hot butter.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt with the butter. Stir until smooth.
- Add the egg and yolk and whisk until combined and nice and smooth.
- In a separate bowl add flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Wipe cast iron skillet clean
- Transfer the dough to your cast iron skillet. Press into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and serve.