This quick and easy old-fashioned recipe will surely delight your taste.
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 lb (2kg) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 onions sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Arrange the onions at the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place the brisket on top of onions with fat side up.
- Add the garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, brown sugar and ketchup.
- Rub the mixture into the beef.
- Pour the slow cooker with water, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low heat.
- For the gravy, take the brisket off the slow cooker and transfer into a serving plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn the heat to High.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour with 1/3 cup of water.
- Place the mixture into a slow cooker and bring to a boil.
- Using a spoon place the gravy over brisket.