..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Let’s not make fun of that great-tasting tuna casserole, though. It is a super comfort dish, and it’s very easy to make. Just boil some noodles, open some cans, dump it all together in a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes. What’s not to like?
Here it is the Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe. If you haven’t tried it, you’re missing out. It’s tasty, wholesome and filling. It’s homemade, too. Think back, now when was the last time you saw Tuna Noodle Casserole on a restaurant menu? Like, never.
Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 tbsp chopped pimentos optional
- 2 can about 6 ounces each tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp dry bread crumbs or crushed potato chips*
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat Oven to 400°. 2.Stir the soup, milk, peas, pimento, tuna and noodles in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Stir the breadcrumbs and butter in a small bowl.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tuna mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Stir the casserole and sprinkle the top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes more or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!
* Shredded cheddar cheese may also be used, if desired. These days people may not think of casseroles as "health food," but sometimes comfort food can lead to happy memories. And, what can be healthier than a warm and fuzzy feeling about the good old days?
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW