- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 c milk, any kind
- 1 can(s) mild green chilies, 4 oz, undrained
- 1 can(s) corn, drained
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves chopped fine)
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 1/2 c tater-tots
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Brown ground meat, drain. Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder and heat through. Remove from stove.
2. Add cream of mushroom soup, milk, drained corn, undrained chilis and 1/2 cup cheese to browned ground beef. Mix well.
3. Put into greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese, then top with tater tots (you may use more or less of the 2 1/2 cups, depending on the shape of your dish.) You can sprinkle more cheese on top if you prefer. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees until lightly brown and bubbly. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.