- 1 refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup spoonable brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in a 6-inch tart pan or round shallow casserole, letting the dough drape over the sides of the pan.
Fill the crust with apple slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar substitute and cinnamon. Dot with margarine. Sprinkle on nutmeg; fold pastry edges up over the apples.
Brush the pastry top with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake for 45 minutes, until apple filling is bubbly and crust is golden. Cool slightly and serve.
Per serving: 162 calories (45% calories from fat), 1 g protein, 8 g total fat (3.1 g total fat), 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 7 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 1/2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit), 1 1/2 fat
Source : ontrackdiabetes.com