What a delicious bread this is. I am incredibly happy to share this one with you. Sometimes inspiration comes from places you do not really expect. The inspiration for this bread came from watching my daughter pour a glass of cranberry blueberry juice. “Why not?” I asked myself.
I picked both of my daughters up from school when I told them I made this. They got really excited when I told them what was waiting for them. This bread turned out incredibly moist with a firm yet tender interior. You could make this even more like a dessert bread if you wanted to make a glaze to drizzle over it.
This uses a couple different types of liquid for the hydration part. Eggs are included as well as milk then a special touch using Chobani blueberry yogurt. Be sure to use the yogurt with fruit on the bottom, it really does add an extra element of flavor.
The process of making them is just like any other quick bread; mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, mix the wet ingredients in another bowl then combine them before pouring in the baking dish. I used an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch baking pan which made the perfect size loaf.
Cranberry Blueberry Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Chobani blueberry yogurt you can also buy the small 5.3 oz container and use the whole thing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8½ x 4½ inch loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine first dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl combine wet ingredients.
- When the two are mixed add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients then mix just until combined. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on the middle rack 55-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer loaf to a cooling rack. Let cool for about 45 minutes before slicing.