This creamy, herb-filled potato salad can be made with blue potatoes. It’s fun to play with color in your cooking, and the blue color is a source of flavonoids with cancer-protective benefits. This recipe also includes fresh herbs that are full of both flavor and antioxidants.
- 3 pounds small red and/or blue potatoes, quartered
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ⅓ cup fat-free buttermilk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large pot, and cover with water.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until just tender; drain. Cool for 30 minutes.
Combine light sour cream and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add warm potatoes, toss gently to coat.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 8 cups
1 cup per serving
Total fat: 5.5g
Saturated fat: 3g
Cholesterol: 14 mg
Total fiber: 3g