I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone not unanimously love crispy brussel sprouts. Crispy brussel sprouts are basically the best vegetable…ever. They never get old! And they are so easy to make too…all you need is bacon and garlic – two ingredients you’ll already have on hand. The bacon flavors up the sprouts so well, and the garlic really brings it to life!
Busy holidays schedule? No problem, these crispy treats are so easy to prepare they don’t require full holiday attention. This easy-peasy recipe is on this festive side of the menu and right up your alley if you want to impress your family or friends, host a brunch with other important people in the neighborhood or replenish your holiday energy.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic
- 1 ½ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut an 'X' in the core end of each Brussels sprout. Set sprouts aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes; drain and cool on paper towels. Crumble.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts; toss to coat. Stir in broth, salt, and black pepper; cover and cook until Brussels sprouts are tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain liquid from pan.
- Stir remaining 2 teaspoons butter into Brussels sprouts mixture until melted.
- Mix in bacon and serve.