Makes 10 Servings (2 Chicken Strips Per Serving)
- 1 cup egg beaters
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 3 breasts, bone and skin removed chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup oat bran cereal
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Spray cooking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Cut chicken into small strips. Add egg beaters to a medium bowl and then add chicken to the egg beaters. Let the chicken sit for 15 minutes.
3. Add dry ingredients to a large Ziplock bag.
4. Place chicken into Ziplock and shake. If need more coating add more wheat germ, flaxseed, and/or oat bran. You can also sprinkle a little extra wheat germ onto the chicken after you put it on the baking sheet for more coating if desired.
5. Put the chicken on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or till the chicken is done.
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 89; Total Fat 3.2g; Cholesterol 24mg; Sodium 276mg; Total Carbohydrate 3.63g; Fiber 1.2g; Protein 11.62g