This hearty and comforting soup is the perfect meal for a chilly day. Filled with tender chunks of beef and a variety of vegetables, it’s a healthy and satisfying option for the whole family. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, it’s a great option for a weeknight dinner. So gather your ingredients and let’s get started!
Easy Ground Beef Soup with Vegetables
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 carrots diced
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounce can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 15 ounce can peas, undrained
- 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can green beans, drained and rinsed
- ground black pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf or more to taste
- ¼ cup water as needed
- Crumble ground beef into a stockpot over medium-high heat; cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the ground beef; cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, crushed whole tomatoes, undrained peas, corn, and green beans to the pot; season with black pepper. Stir mixture until evenly mixed. Add thyme and bay leaf to the pot. Pour 1/4 cup water over the mixture if needed to moisten mixture, replenishing as needed while cooking.
- Bring soup to a simmer, place a cover on the pot, and cook, stirring regularly, until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 598 calories; protein 37.4g; carbohydrates 70.6g; fat 20g; cholesterol 94.6mg; sodium 1152.9mg.