Skip to content
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 3/4 cup (188ml) cold buttermilk
TO GET MORE RECIPES CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
- Preheat oven to 450F and set side a baking sheet lined parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until only pea size chunks of butter remain.
- Add the cold buttermilk all at once and stir until dough forms.
- Gently knead the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out onto a 6×9″ rectangle. Cut the rectangle into thirds.Stack each third on top of one another and roll the dough into a 6×9-inch rectangle again.
- Using a 2¼ or 2½-inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour, cut out as many biscuits as you can and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Do your best to piece together the scraps and use up all the dough with the layering technique, without overworking the dough or melting the butter with your warm hands.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.