This protein packed dish is low in sodium and fat and makes for a great hearty meal for summer.
- 1 Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 filet steaks (4-ounce each (1 1/2 inch thick))
- 1/4 tsp ground black peppers
- 1 tbsp margarine (trans-fat-free)
- 1 package pint mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 medium baked sweet potatoes ((1 medium, as purchased, weighs about 5 oz.))
Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill and heat on high. Spray grill rack with cooking spray.
Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
Place steaks on grill with direct high-heat and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 18-23 minutes or until done according to your preference (flipping once). Transfer steak to a plate and cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
In a medium sauté pan, heat margarine over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5-6 minutes until tender. Serve with sweet potato.
Serving Size : 1 steak with 1 cup mushrooms
Amount per serving : Calories300
Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 26g Dietary Fiber 5g
Total Sugars 9g