- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey) lean (90/10)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 small head of cabbage shredded
- 3 carrots shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions and ground beef, and cook until meat is cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Return skillet to heat, and add remaining tsp olive oil. Stir in cabbage and carrots, and cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is softened and wilted a bit, about 5-7 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium. Return meat to the pan with the cabbage, and stir in the soy sauce mixture. Stir well to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, and then serve.