- 6 eggs
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound crumbled feta cheese
- ½ pound cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup sour cream for garnish
- 5 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach – thawed, drained and squeezed dry
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place the spinach, eggs, dill, onion, feta cheese, cottage cheese, and black pepper into a large bowl, and mix well.
Place 2 sheets of phyllo dough into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish, and drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil; top with 2 more sheets of phyllo dough. Spread the spinach filling evenly over the sheets of phyllo, pat it down gently, and top with 2 more sheets of phyllo. Drizzle with 1 more tablespoon of olive oil, and top with the remaining 2 phyllo sheets. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned and the filling is set, about 1 hour. To serve, cut into squares and top each square with a dollop of sour cream.