An incredibly flavorful, moist and fluffy low carb pumpkin cake, made with almond flour and sweetened with stevia. Wholesome enough to serve for breakfast!
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, soft, for the pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1.5 teaspoons stevia glycerite (equals 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/8 teaspoon sea salt)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add the pumpkin puree, butter, stevia, vanilla and kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
With a rubber spatula, mix in the almond flour until well combined and smooth, then mix in the pumpkin pie spice and the baking soda. Batter will be thick.
Bake the cake until center is fully baked and a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
Cool the cake in the pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.