- 3 pounds sweet potatoes*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- salt and peppe
1. Scrub sweet potatoes and slice into 3/4″ slices.
You may peel them before slicing, but if scrubbed well it is not necessary.
Place in a bowl, drizzle with sunflower oil and season with salt and pepper.
Toss the potatoes to evenly coat with the oil.
2. Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil.
Coat with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet.
Using a second sheet of foil, cover the potatoes and create a tightly sealed pocket.
This will keep the moisture in for the first part of baking.
3. Place sweet potatoes in cold oven, and turn on to 425Â°F. Bake 30 minutes.
Remove top layer of foil.
4. Return to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes more or until bottom of potatoes are golden brown when lifted with a spatula.
Remove from oven and flip over each potato slice.
Spread in an even layer and return to the oven, baking 12-15 minutes more until other side browns.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before placing in a serving dish (bottom potatoes will get soggy if stacked immediately).
*Note: It helps to buy sweet potatoes that are evenly sized.
Smaller slices will roast faster than larger ones and may be overly browned by the end.
Cooking times are for sweet potatoes 2-3″ in diameter.