- cooking spray
- 2 pounds hot breakfast sausage
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chile peppers (optional)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch dish with cooking spray.
Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain fat and transfer to a bowl.
Cook and stir hash browns to the same skillet until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Place hash browns in the baking dish; top with sausage, shredded Cheddar cheese, and green chile peppers.
Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour over hash brown mixture.
Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until bubbly and the top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.