- 5 fl oz of white wine
- 3 1/3 fl oz olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 5 ounces grated swiss cheese or cheddar
- 1 large onion
- 3 1/2 ounces bacon
- 7 ounces city ham, already cooked — sold as “ready to serve”. Still on the bone, it’s better! If you don’t want to bring
- back the whole ham at home, ask your butcher to slice it off for you.
- 3 1/2 ounces black olives
- 3 1/2 ounces green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
In a large bowl, whisk together the wine, oil, eggs and salt.
Separately, mix the flour and baking powder, sift and stir into the liquid preparation.
Chop the onion finely and melt in a skillet with a bit of olive oil (or butter).
Add the bacon to onions and cook for a few minutes then keep aside. Take care of draining the mixture to avoid a soggy dough. Olive, Bacon Cheese Bread
Slice the olives and parsley and cut the ham.
Add all ingredients and grated cheese to the basic preparation and mix.
Pour into a buttered loaf pan, 9 by 5 inches.
Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 360°F.