How to Prepare Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
Ingredients for Oven Roasted Red Potatoes:
- 2 lbs of halved red potatoes
- About 1/3 cup of quality olive oil
- 1 packet (1 oz) of dry onion flavor seasoning
Directions for Oven Roasted Red Potatoes:
- Start by preheating your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large sealable plastic bag, mix together the red potatoes, olive oil, and the dry onion seasoning. Seal the bag and shake it well until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Transfer the coated potatoes to a medium-sized baking dish.
- Roast in your preheated oven. Make sure to stir the potatoes occasionally to ensure even cooking. Continue baking until they turn tender, which should take around 40 minutes.
Can I use a different type of potato?
Yes, while red potatoes offer a unique texture and flavor, you can also experiment with Yukon gold or russet potatoes.
How do I ensure the potatoes are crispy?
For a crispier finish, you can increase the temperature to 400°F during the last 20 minutes of roasting.
Is there an alternative to dry onion flavor seasoning?
Absolutely! Some prefer using a savory garlic and herb mix. Feel free to experiment with your favorite seasonings.
How can I store leftovers?
Store any leftover roasted potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should last up to 3 days.
Can I prepare this ahead of time for a gathering?
Yes, you can coat the potatoes a day in advance and store them in the fridge. When you’re ready, just pop them in the oven.
What other vegetables can I add?
Carrots complement the dish very well. Some even prefer a mix of red potatoes and baby carrots for a colorful twist.
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes halved
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1 ounce envelope dry onion soup mix
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine red potatoes, olive oil, and soup mix in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and shake until potatoes are fully coated. Pour potatoes into a medium baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.