- 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1 t sugar
- 1 t black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2-oz tin flat anchovy fillets including oil
- 3 lbs. new potatoes
- 4 cups cubed cooked cold roast beef
- 1 basket (about 24) cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped scallions
- 1/3 cups drained capers
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 6 oz. oil-cured black olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce
In a food processor, blend oil, vinegar, minced garlic, fresh parsley leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, and anchovy fillets including oil until well combined.
In a kettle, cover new potatoes with cold, salted water, bring water to boil and cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until just tender– cool and cut into 1″ cubes. In a large ceramic or glass bowl, combine potatoes and anchovy vinaigrette and toss several times. Marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Add to the bowl roast beef, cherry tomatoes, scallions, capers, remaining parsley leaves, olives, and salt and pepper to taste.
Combine salad well and serve on romaine lettuce leaves. Serves 8.