Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.
Potatoes and onions, doesn’t get much more basic than that.
Roasting them creates a depth of flavor with such minimal effort, I almost feel like I’m cheating.
But Ina (Barefoot Contessa) does it, so I know it’s legit.
This side dish is pretty much perfect for any occasion, cooking chicken tonight? Pot roast? Pork tenderloin?
Now dinner’s complete.
Roasted Potatoes And Onions
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp grill seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and peel potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Slice onion into half moons.
- Toss potatoes and onion with oil, grill seasoning, and salt.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes