This Skillet Beef Liver and Onions recipe is the perfect dish for any home cook looking to add some variety to their weekly meal plan. The tender liver is cooked to perfection with caramelized onions, making for a flavorful and satisfying meal. This recipe is easy to follow, and can be made in one skillet for minimal clean up. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or a hearty Sunday brunch. Impress your family and friends with this classic dish that’s sure to become a new favorite.
Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also packed with nutrients. Beef liver is an excellent source of iron, vitamin A, and B vitamins. It’s also a great way to add more protein to your diet. The caramelized onions add a nice sweetness and balance to the dish, making it a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it’s versatile. It can be served as a main course with a side of mashed potatoes or rice, or it can be served as a topping for a salad or sandwich. You can also adjust the recipe to your liking by adding more or less seasonings to suit your taste. It’s a great recipe for any level of cook, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro. Give this Skillet Beef Liver and Onions recipe a try and see for yourself why it’s a classic dish that’s sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Skillet Beef Liver and Onions
- ¼ cup of flour.
- 1 lb beef liver.
- ¼-½ cup of butter.
- ½ tsp of salt.
- ⅛ tsp of pepper.
- Oil to taste.
- 1-2 tbsp of fresh minced sage.
- 2 cups of thinly sliced onions.
- ½ cup of beef stock.
- 1 tbsp of minced Italian parsley.
- ¼ cup of dry white wine.
- In a bag, mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut the liver into ½ inch strips and shake in the bag to coat.
- In a skillet, heat 2-3 tbsps of butter and a dash of oil and sauté the onions on medium high.
- Once tender and glossy, place the onions in a dish and sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- Over high heat, add 3-4 tbsps of butter and a dash of oil to the skillet.
- Cook the liver for 5 minutes or so until browned.
- Once cooked, return the onions to the skillet and heat together.
- Transfer the liver and onions to a plate. Use stock and wine to deglaze the pan and reduce the liquid until you get a thick sauce.
- Pour over the liver and onions and sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Easy, peasy and yummy! This beef liver and onions tastes so good, the butter softens the liver even more. Give it a try, and let me know what you think.
The total nutritional summary for the ingredients listed for making Skillet Beef Liver and Onions is as follows:
- Calories: 865-1065 (depending on the amount of butter used)
- Fat: 34-54g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 57g
- Sodium: 865-1065mg (depending on the amount of salt used)
Please note that this is an approximate nutritional summary and the actual nutritional content may vary slightly depending on the exact ingredients and portions used.