Hands-on time: 15 mins
Total time 8h30min
Yield: Serves 6
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup unsalted beef stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut steak into quarters. Sprinkle steak evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; add steak to pan. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer steak to slow cooker. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, onion, bell peppers, and garlic to pan; cook 3 minutes or until slightly softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins; transfer onion mixture to slow cooker.
Combine stock, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, tomatoes, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Pour tomato mixture over steak and vegetables in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours and 15 minutes or until steak is very tender.
Remove steak from cooker; shred using 2 forks. Stir steak, olives, and cilantro into sauce. Serve steak mixture over rice.