Total: 6 hr 15 min
Active: 15 min
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- Two 15 1/2-ounce cans pinto beans
- One 15 1/2-ounce can pink kidney beans
- One 15 1/4-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- One 14 1/2-ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- One 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 14 1/2-ounce can tomatoes with chiles
- Two 4 1/2-ounce cans diced green chiles
- One 4.6-ounce can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
- One 1 1/4-ounce package taco seasoning mix
- One 1-ounce package ranch salad dressing mix
- Corn chips, for serving
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Grated cheese, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot.
Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove.
To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.