..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 4 quarts cold water
- 1/4 cup Old Bay or other spicy seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 4 ears corn, shucked, each cut into 4 pieces
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, in the shell, deveined
In a slow cooker combine the water, Old Bay seasoning, salt, celery, onion, garlic and potatoes and cook on low heat until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 4-6 hours.
Add the corn and sausage to the crock pot and simmer until the corn is tender, 1-2 more hours. Add the shrimp and simmer until opaque, 20 to 30 minutes more. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, if necessary.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW