- 4 quarts cold water
- 1/4 cup Old Bay or other spicy seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 4 ears corn, shucked, each cut into 4 pieces
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, in the shell, deveined
In a slow cooker combine the water, Old Bay seasoning, salt, celery, onion, garlic and potatoes and cook on low heat until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 4-6 hours.
Add the corn and sausage to the crock pot and simmer until the corn is tender, 1-2 more hours. Add the shrimp and simmer until opaque, 20 to 30 minutes more. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, if necessary.