..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
This recipe has been in my family for many years, passed down from my great grandparents. It has been served at Thanksgiving dinners, as well as many other occasions. It is definitely a favorite of the family and no family meal is complete without it.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (canned or baked)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 stick of butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk if canned, 1 cup if baked
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar (you can split this with white and brown or just one or the other)
- 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 stick melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Mix first 5 ingredients together with a mixer (sweet potatoes, eggs, butter, milk and sugar).
Place in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
For topping, mix the last 4 ingredients together (corn flakes, pecans, melted butter, and brown sugar) and place upon the hot mixture in casserole dish.
Return the dish to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW