Taco Spaghetti Bake is an unusual dish, but it’s definitely one worth trying at least once. If you like tacos, Mexican food and Italian-based dinners (and who doesn’t?) then this is a recipe you will enjoy. Plus, it delivers the comfort of eating at home while still enjoying quality food made with fresh ingredients.It contains elements of both Tex-Mex and Italian cuisine, which means that you can serve it at family gatherings or parties without worrying about anything being left over. Also, if you are entertaining guests, the spaghetti noodles won’t stick together which makes cooking easier for you.
I’m sure there are people somewhere who get very excited about taco spaghetti bake. For them, this recipe is the holy grail of pasta dishes. But for me, I can’t think of anything less appetizing. Why would I make, let alone eat, spaghetti baked with taco seasoning?
Taco Spaghetti Bake
- 1 pkg 8 ounce spaghetti
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 pkg 1 ounce taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 can 15 ounce corn, drained
- 1 jar 8 ounce taco sauce
- 1 can 10.75 ounce condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 container 8 ounce sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer pasta to prepared baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir in taco seasoning and water; simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add corn and taco sauce; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and 1 cup Cheddar cheese in a bowl until evenly mixed. Spread mixture over spaghetti. Spread beef mixture over sour cream mixture and top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.