- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate or 12 tbsp. cocoa and ½ stick butter
- 2 sticks melted butter 1 lb.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flourBleached flour toughens baked goods
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter(1 stick)
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 5 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup pecans finely diced (or walnuts can be substituted)
Melt chocolate and butter; cool.
Beat eggs, add sugar.
Add cooled chocolate plus flour and nuts.
Spray 48 miniature muffin tins with cooking spray.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins until ¾ full.
Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Place brownies on wire rack.
Spoon hot Chocolate Icing over top.
Melt butter with milk and cocoa.
Bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and nuts.
Stir to combine.
Once brownie muffins are baked and removed from muffin tins, pour hot icing over top.
Add additional pecan pieces on top, if desired.
NOTE: If icing cools too much, you may have to re-warm it in order to spoon it over top of the brownies.