- 10 pcs manicotti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 16 ozs low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 ozs frozen spinach,
- thawed and drained 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 7 ozs fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 ozs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup egg whites, slightly beaten
Preheat oven to 400. In a 11″ x 7″ dish, spread 3/4 cup sauce evenly onto bottom; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, egg whites, Parmesan cheese, salt, and garlic powder. Mix well.
Stuff each cooked manicotti shell with heaping 1/4 cup spinach mixture. Arrange pasta over sauce in dish.
Spread remaining sauce over pasta. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, for 7 more minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 132; Total Fat 2 g; Protein 9 g; Cholesterol 2 g; Carbs 21 g; Sodium 503 mg; Fiber 2 g