When I made this I intended to just make an Apple Slab Pie. But as … I was glad that I did because it added such a delicious finishing touch!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (9 medium)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches. Unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other on a lightly floured surface. Roll to a 17×12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold extra pastry crust under, even with edges of the pan. Crimp edges.
Mix granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice. Stir in apples to coat. Spoon apple mixture into crust-lined pan.
Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Cool on rack for 45 minutes.
Mix powdered sugar and milk until well blended. Drizzle over pie. Allow glaze to set before serving, about 30 minutes.
SHARE TO SAVE ON YOUR TIMELINE