..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 15 oz can whole kernel sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 ears of fresh corn, husked and the corn cut off the cob
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 – 32oz containers vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Shredded parmesan cheese for serving
Bring the vegetable stock to a low boil over medium heat in a large stockpot. Add in the onion and baby red potatoes and boil for about 10 minutes, or until the onions and potatoes start to tenderize. Add two of the ears of corn with the kernels cut off the cob, the can of whole kernel corn (juice included), diced zucchini, dried thyme, dried oregano, cayenne pepper and salt into the pot.
Let the soup continue to low-boil over medium heat until all of the veggies are cooked all the way through, about 15-20 minutes more. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Let the chowder simmer for a few minutes to allow the cream to thicken slightly.
Serve the chowder topped with the remaining fresh ear of corn kernels and parmesan cheese.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW