- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed (I used the “hot” sausage version)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil (or, you can substitute thyme and oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional if not using hot turkey sausage)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
Minutes to Prepare: 10 | Minutes to Cook: 20 | Number of Servings: 6
Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven; add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
Add the broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
Stir in tortellini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the spinach, basil, pepper and pepper flakes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with cheese if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6 | Serving Size: 1 serving
Total Fat8.4 g
Saturated Fat2.8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat1.0 g
Total Carbohydrate27.4 g
Dietary Fiber2.4 g