..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 lb Barilla macaroni (or small shells)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (more if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper(optional, see note at end)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (reserve 1 to slice for garnish, and chop the remaining 5)
- McCormick paprika, for garnish
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup Domino sugar
- 2 tablespoons French’s prepared mustard
Cook macaroni as directed on package; Drain& cool.
In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients so they are well-combined and smooth.
In a large bowl, gently combine the macaroni, celery, carrots, onions, and remaining eggs.
Fold the dressing gently into the macaroni salad mixture.
Place into your serving bowl and garnish with the reserved slice egg and paprika.
Let sit overnight for the best results.
NOTE: It was not in the original recipe, but I sometimes add 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped green pepper if I have it around.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW