My hubby is a big fan of pulling food out of the freezer and being able to eat in a short period of time. This is especially true on weekends when I have to be at work. This is the main inspiration for Part 6 (the last and final part) of the freezer cooking series.
In the past he would ask me to buy frozen chicken nuggets at the grocery store. I think we both know the kind I’m talking about. The breaded, partially fried chicken with tons of fat and salt that are marketed towards kids! Yuck! So instead of feeding that junk to John, I decided to make my own baked parmesan chicken tenders. Seriously, I don’t think he knows how good he has it lol! I adapted this recipe from a SkinnyTaste recipe.
To freeze, let chicken tenders cool on the baking sheet and then transfer the pan into the freezer for 30 minutes. You want the tenders to be partially frozen before transferring into a freezer bag. This way the breadcrumbs don’t fall off all of the pieces.
To reheat, toast tenders in a toaster oven until warmed through and crispy (about 15 minutes). Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 2.5 lb. chicken breast cut into tenders
- Ground pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice chicken breast into tender sizes. Season with ground pepper.
- Place olive oil in a bowl and add the chicken. Toss until chicken is well coated.
- Combine both types of breadcrumbs, spices, and cheese in a medium bowl. Take chicken from the olive oil and coat in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture.
- Place tenders on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake tenders in the oven for 8 minutes. Flip tenders and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes until cooked through and browned.