Are you tired of the same old traditional brownie recipes and looking for a unique twist to spice things up? Say hello to Banana Bread Brownies, the perfect blend of classic brownies and banana bread. This is a culinary fusion that hits all the right notes – moist, flavorful, and undeniably delicious. If your sweet tooth is calling, this dessert will surely satiate your cravings. Let’s take a delightful culinary adventure and discover how to bake these scrumptious treats.
How to Prepare Banana Bread Brownies
Banana Bread Brownies are a wonderful fusion of two beloved treats: the rich, chocolaty goodness of brownies and the comforting, homey flavors of banana bread. This dessert is incredibly easy to whip up and perfect for every occasion, whether you’re looking for a sweet afternoon pick-me-up or a crowd-pleasing dish for a party.
Ingredients for Banana Bread Brownies
To begin, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1-1/2 cups of sugar
– 1 cup of sour cream
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 2 eggs
– 4 ripe bananas, mashed
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 3/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
For the luscious brown butter frosting, you will require:
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 4 cups of powdered sugar
– 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
– 3 tablespoons of milk
Directions for Banana Bread Brownies
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you bake this delicious dessert:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a 15×10-inch jelly roll pan.
2. For the banana bread brownies, take a large bowl, and beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until the mixture turns creamy.
3. Blend in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt, then blend for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
6. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Meanwhile, for the frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and then remove from heat immediately.
9. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk to the browned butter. Whisk together until the mixture turns smooth. It should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting.
10. Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars. It’s easier to spread the frosting while the bars are still warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze Banana Bread Brownies?
Yes, Banana Bread Brownies freeze very well. Make sure to cool them completely before wrapping them tightly and freezing. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Can I use a different type of nut in the recipe?
Absolutely! You can easily substitute the walnuts with pecans, almonds, or even cashews if you prefer.
How can I make the Banana Bread Brownies vegan?
To make this recipe vegan, you can substitute the butter with coconut oil, the eggs with flax eggs, and use a plant-based milk for the frosting.
Why are my Banana Bread Brownies too dry or too moist?
The moisture of your Banana Bread Brownies depends greatly on the ripeness of your bananas. Overripe bananas will give you a moist brownie, while less ripe bananas may result in a drier texture.
And there you have it – the ultimate Banana Bread Brownies recipe! This lusciously moist, tender, and flavorful dessert is bound to become a family favorite. Happy Baking!
Banana Bread Brownies
- 1-1/2 c sugar
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
Brown butter frosting
- 1/2 c butter
- 4 c powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 375F. Grease and flour 15×10-inch jelly roll pan. For the bars, in a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting). Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars (the frosting will be easier to spread while the bars are still warm).