A fast, easy, light cake, that’s what I was looking for today. And here it is. My Banana Pudding Poke Cake.
I had some banana pudding left and found it too boring to simply eat it out of a bowl.
So I made some yellow cake from scratch and used the pudding to make a poke cake out of it. Life can be so simple sometimes You can also use a store bought yellow cake mix, I just prefer making it from scratch.
It also of course works with every other instant pudding you might have at home.
There isn’t always the need to buy everything just because a recipe says so. Take the basics, use what you have at home and create your own style! Hope you have fun with this one!
For the Cake Part:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs (or 2 eggs + 2 egg whites for a lighter version)
Filling and Topping:
- 2 packages instant banana pudding (no fat, no sugar)
- 3½ cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped (or store bought light whipped cream out of the freezer)
- Vanilla Wafers or other cookie of your choice, crumbled up