- 1-1/2 ground beef (or combination ground beef and ground pork)
- 1 cup pork rind crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce (4 carbs)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs. dried parsley or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated cheese
- If you are past induction you may also add:
- 1/2 onion, chopped 1/2 green pepper, chopped
Preheat oven to 350º.
Mix meat and other ingredients.
Transfer mixture to a shallow baking pan, and shape into a firm, oval loaf.
Bake for 1 hour.
Mexican Meatloaf: Add a small can of drained chopped chilis. Use monterey Jack cheese. Add garlic (chopped or powder), cumin, and red pepper flakes to meat mixture. Serve meatloaf slices with a dollop of sour cream and a tablespoon of salsa.
Italian Meatloaf: Use mozzarella cheese. Add garlic (chopped or powder), basil leaves and oregano (powdered or leaves) to meat mixture.
Greek Meatloaf: Thaw and completely drain 1 (10 oz) frozen package of chopped spinach. Add to meat mixture, along with garlic and 1/3 cup chopped olives. Use feta cheese.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf: Use 1 cup of cheddar cheese in meat mixture. Place slices of raw bacon over meatloaf before baking it.
Surprise Meatloaf: Layer hardboiled eggs or dill pickles end to end over half of the meatloaf mixture, and put the other half of the meat mixture on top.