..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
This yummy dish provides a tasty way to get your children to eat broccoli.
- 2 C dry whole-wheat bowtie pasta (farfalle) (8 oz)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about ½ clove)
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, rinsed and cut into quarters
- 4 C cooked broccoli florets (or 1 1-lb bag frozen broccoli, thawed)
- 1 C grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced (about 2 small breasts) (Leftover Friendly)
- 2 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon, rinsed, for 1 tsp zest and 1 Tbsp juice (use a grater to take a thin layer of skin off the lemon; squeeze juice and set aside)
- 2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese, diced (Heathy Eating Two Ways)
In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
Add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Heat olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
Add mushrooms and heat until lightly browned and soft.
Add broccoli, diced chicken, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes, until the broccoli and chicken are heated through.
Add pasta, and toss gently. Continue to simmer until pasta is hot, about 3–4 minutes.
Add lemon zest and juice, and toss gently.
Serve 2 cups of pasta and sauce per portion. Top each portion with 1½ tablespoons feta cheese.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW