- 8 oz dry whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about ½ clove)
- 4 C assorted cooked vegetables—such as red pepper strips, broccoli florets, carrot sticks, or green beans (Leftover Friendly)
- 1 can (15½ oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (5½ oz) low-sodium tomato juice
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese
In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
Add spaghetti, and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, combine olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
Add mixed vegetables, and cook until vegetables are soft, but not browned (about 3–5 minutes).
Add diced tomatoes, tomato juice, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add spaghetti and parmesan cheese. Toss until the pasta is hot and well mixed, and serve.