This soup is so easy to make in the crock pot. You can brown the meat the night before and then just put it all in the crock pot before you go to work the next day and TADA! Dinner is ready for ya when you get home, specially on a cold night. I got this recipe from “The Southern Lady Cooks” on Facebook but I did add just a few things. It really didn’t need it but of course I over did it like I always do.
I love the recipes I have found on The Southern Lady Cooks site. This is the first one I have tried of her recipes and so far so good! It was easy to make and tasted great. I will be doing more of her recipes and adding what I changed, so if you find a recipe over there you want me to test out just give me a shout out and I will give it a test drive.
I made the Quick Peppery Cheese Bread to serve with this soup and it went great. You always need a bread or cracker to go with your soups. I don’t think a bread bowl would go to good with this soup because it is pretty liquidy…
The guinea pigs are home so going to get them setup to test this soup. Talk to ya soon!
Cabbage Fiesta Soup
- 1 pound ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ to ¾ head cabbage chopped
- 1 small onion cut in rings
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilis
- 1½ to 2 cups water
- 1 10¾ ounce can cheddar cheese soup(do not dilute)
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen cut corn can use one can, drained
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 2 tbs. unsweet butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Brown hamburger with garlic on stove and drain.
- Add to crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6 – 7 hours. Enjoy!