- 6 cups diced peeled apples (1/8 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 (1.75 ounces) package powdered fruit pectin
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a large kettle, combine the apples, water, and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until apples are soft. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add the sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg and return to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat and skim off any foam. Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.