..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash
- 1 very large spaghetti squash/ two smaller ones/ 800 grams cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 large chicken breasts/ 12 ounces cooked chicken *About 16 ounces of raw chicken will bake down to 12 ounces cooked
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a small knife, gently and carefully pierce your spaghetti squash in 5-7 places spaced evenly around it. Place entire spaghetti squash in the microwave, and microwave for 5-7 minutes. This makes it easier to slice in half.
- Remove from Microwave, and cut in half the long ways, from the stem to the bottom of the squash.
- Remove seeds and stringy parts using a spoon.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place cut side down.
- Season your chicken breast with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix, and place on the same baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. *Squash make take more or less time depending on the size of it – check to see if it’s ready by using a fork to shred it, as shown in the photo. It should be soft enough to shred easily, but not mushy.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a pan to medium, spray with cooking spray, and cook your bacon for 3 minutes per side, or until crispy. Dice or crumble into small bits.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ranch seasoning with your cream cheese.
- Shred your squash using a fork, and place 800 grams into the same bowl with the cream cheese. Add 1/2 of your reduced fat cheddar cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dice your chicken, and add 12 ounces to your squash mixture.
- In a baking dish or your spaghetti squash skins, add the squash mixture, and top with crumbled bacon and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Ranch!
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW